Want to study English abroad?
Love working with children?
Want to come to Australia?
Then you should become a Demi Pair.
A Demi Pair is a full time student and part time Au Pair. In the Demi Pair Program students live with a local family; providing childcare and performing household duties in exchange for meals and board. Our Demi Pair program also allows students to study at Milner to improve their English. It’s a great way to travel, learn English, be a part of a family, and make some lifelong memories.
To become a Demi Pair you need to:
- Be on a Student Visa and enrolled in a full time English course OR be on a Working Holiday Visa and enrolled in full-time or part-time English.
- Be a non-smoker.
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Be willing to work at least 15 hours a week in exchange for FREE homestay accommodation, including meals. You will be helping taking care of the children and helping with light household duties. You’ll receive $12 per hour for any hours on top of the 15 hours a week.
- Study at Milner College for at least 12 weeks (Student Visa) or 8 weeks (Working Holiday Visa).
- Stay with your demi-pair family for at least 3 months.
- Have at least an intermediate knowledge of English.
All our demi-pair families are personally visited by our Demi-Pair agency, Au Pair Network. Beck Neveldsen, our Au Pair network representative, has many years’ experience with au-pairs and will speak to you before you arrive in Australia via Skype so you can ask her any questions you might have.
Milner College and Au Pair Network are both here to support you while you are here so if you have any concerns or worries, you can speak to us any time.
You can always feel secure in the fact that Milner College and our Australian Nanny and Au Pair Network is always there to help throughout your stay.