Have you thought about hosting international students?
Hosting people from across the world is a rewarding experience. At Milner we are looking for warm and welcoming families that are interested in supporting our international students while they stay in Perth.
- Have a valid Police Clearance or Working with Children Check.
- Live within 40 minutes travel to the Perth CBD on public transport.
- Are happy to help students practise their English and offer a warm and welcoming home environment.
At Milner College we offer students two different types of homestay accommodation. Host families can choose to offer either one of the accommodation options, or both.
If you are interested in hosting please send us an email to email@example.com.
Or feel free to call us at 08 9325 5444.
- $290 per week.
- Host families provide students with a room containing bed, wardrobe and desk/table.
- Host families provide students with breakfast and dinner Monday to Friday. All meals on weekends.
- $210 (includes all utilities except phone).
- Host families provide a single room containing bed, wardrobe and desk/table.
- Students to have access to kitchen, crockery/utensils so they can prepare their own meals.
A large percent of our students are aged 18-27 years, however we do get older students. Our oldest student was 75 years old!
We take students on Group Tours as young as 13 and 14 years. These students usually only stay for 2 to 3 weeks. Most are teenagers but our oldest student was 75 years old.
Students will either have booked airport transfer and will be dropped off at your home or they will catch a taxi. We will notify you a couple of days before the student arrives as to the time their plane lands. You should expect them 1-2 hours after flight arrival.
Homestay lengths can be from as little as one week up to 48 weeks.
It is possible to host more than one student at a time however we guarantee to our students and agents that there will be no other guest in the family that speaks his/her language.
Milner has a diverse range of nationalities. Requests for student accommodation come from a range of countries especially:
- Switzerland (French, Italian and German speaking)
- Saudi Arabia
- Western Europe – including Germany, France, Italy, Spain
- Eastern Europe – including Czech Republic, Russia and Hungary
- South America – including Brazil, Colombia, Chile
- Other Asian Countries – including Hong Kong, Indonesia, Taiwan, Thailand
When it comes to getting around Perth it is not necessary to drive the students around. You do, however, need to give each student a timetable and detailed instructions of how to catch the bus or train to the College and to get back home again. If possible, please accompany your student on the first day to show them how to get to and from school.
Students have chosen homestay as it has proven to be a very effective way to improve their English and is a mutual cultural exchange.
To find out more email firstname.lastname@example.org.